Mountain Sunglasses for Mountaineering and Hiking with Polarized Photochromic lenses Cat.2-4
For those who live in the mountains, eyewear now plays a fundamental role in protecting the eyes and perfectly viewing the path during the excursion. Therefore, choosing a technical eyewear allows you to live the mountain 100% with the awareness of having your eyes always protected with every light condition even the most critical, and at the same time always having the perfect vision of the surrounding dangers and above all where we support our feet.
The DOME model is the new 2019 Top of the DEMON range that revolutionizes the concept of mountain and high mountain glasses thanks to the new Photochromic Polarized 2-4 lens. The peculiarity of this lens is the addition of the polarized filter to the already excellent photochromic 2-4 lens which increases the visual contrast and allows a better view of the natural colors. You will then see, with new eyes, as if for the first time, the path you have already taken several times.
The particularity of this eyewear is the ductility of use, in fact it can be used at low altitudes for Trekking excursions such as for extreme mountaineering expeditions to high altitudes and in glaciers.
The photochromic lens 2-4 is a dynamic lens that adapts to any change of light and to any sudden change in the weather condition, allowing the user to always have the perfect vision of his own path.
– FRAME MATERIAL: The DOME model frame is made of TR90 Ultralight, a special composition that makes mountain glasses 20% lighter than frames made with conventional materials. The frame is more elastic and resistant to accidental impacts and tractions. The most important aspect of this special composition is its resistance without breaks and deformations at high and low temperatures (typical of the glacier and more extreme expeditions at very high altitudes). The weight of the glasses is about 45 grams, fundamental for those who use glasses for their excursions is to forget that you are using the glasses, this is the rule number 1 of DEMON, to offer the perfect fit to allow the athlete to concentrate solely on performance. The material of the construction and the rubber parts are completely hypoallergenic, so they can also be used in a prolonged way without irritation to the skin.
DOME is equipped with side parts for protection from removable air and light. They can be removed according to the weather conditions or the needs of our route.
The rubber parts are in soft Megol non-slip that stabilizes the glasses to the face and prevents all those annoying micro slips due to vibrations of the walk or sudden head movements.
– LENS MATERIAL: The lenses of the DOME model are made of solid Polycarbonate Anti-Breakage. Polycarbonate is the safest material for creating sports spectacle lenses. It effectively protects against UV rays (stronger in the mountains) and at the same time confirms itself as the safest material in case of accidental impacts, even very strong ones. In fact, in the event of (very strong impact): falling, or impact with a protruding branch, the lens distributes the shock throughout its surface, preventing the creation of fragments that could damage the user’s eye. The distribution of the impact occurs immediately, and in the strongest cases a “spider web” visual effect will form which invalidates the lens.
Lens characteristics Photochromic Polarized Cat. 2-4:
The photochromic lenses 2-4 are special photochromatic lenses with a smoke base color able to reach category 4 during the maximum work phase. The starting color is a very light smoke that allows the correct vision even in areas with strong shadow or very low brightness, and in the phase of maximum work is able to reach category 4 with the optimal conditions of light and UV generally used for Mountaineering and Volo sports to better protect the eye at high altitudes.
As for the common photochromatic lenses also the photochromic lens 2-4 exposed to UV radiations and to sunlight in general, initiates a reversible chemical reaction that darkens the surface of the lens until reaching category 4 (when necessary). Once the irradiation of light and UV is finished, the lens gradually returns to the original color state.
This special photochromic lens has been designed with mountain in mind and the highest intensity of UV radiation and light rays. The idea was to create a dynamic lens for hikers and alpinists that adapts to any change of light on their path. Whether in a wooded area, or in a shadowed slope, the lens is designed to lighten and darken quickly to allow the athlete to have constant and perfect vision.
The starting color of the lens is a slight smoke veil which does not oblige the athlete to have to take off the glasses in areas with low light. At the same time, category 2 prevents glare for the eyes from the shadow areas.
The achievement of category 4 in the phase of maximum work is influenced by the intensity of UV rays and light. It is important to know that this special lens is created to reach category 4 only when necessary, thus preventing a too dark view of the course.
This lens can be used instead of the category 4 lens for extreme expeditions (Everest, K2 and the like) because at the protection level it maintains the standards of the category 4, but at the same time it is dynamic at light changes.
The polarized lens offers protection from UV rays, but not only: in fact, this special type of lens is able to concentrate or diverge the light rays and to attenuate the UV-A and UV-B radiations through a polarizing filter that eliminates the transverse reflexes.
These lenses allow you to shield the glare and those annoying reflections that are created when sunlight is reflected on reflective surfaces, such as the wet asphalt of the road, a mirror of water or a metal surface.
It is no coincidence that the polarized lens was created for the sport of fishing, in fact due to the characteristic of eliminating reflections, it is often used for sports similar to water. Subsequently inserted in water sports, the polarized lens has been extended to every type of sport, as it represents the most relaxing lens for the eye existing on the market.
The advantages of polarized lenses are:
- Better perception of contrast
- Clearer vision
- No modification of natural colors
- Elimination of transverse reflexes
Polarized lenses are very performing for hiking, also especially when the UV are more intense, they allow a greater relaxation for the eyes even for very prolonged use and with very intense light conditions.
– ACCESSORY PARTS (Included with the glasses):
Equipped with an adjustable Neoprene band to allow our technical glasses to adhere to the most difficult passages in the best way, and to prevent those annoying little slips forwards which decrease drastically in comfort.
The removable side parts allow you to change the look of your glasses, transforming it if your exit is even just a normal walk in the mountains. Where therefore greater lateral protection from light is not necessary.
Hard case supplied to protect your glasses from scratches or breakage.
Hiking glasses. Mountaineering and Ski Mountaineering with Photochromic Polarized DEMON lenses are ideal for glacier excursions and in all high mountain activities where you are exposed to strong sun exposure but are also optimal for the normal trekking out at lower elevations.
The sizes of the mountaineering and trekking eyewear with Polarized Cat.2-4 photochromic lenses are:
Width: 140mm; Height: 42mm
Rod Length: 122mm; Base Lens: 8
The products are always sent in their original packaging. For some models the color or shape of the case may differ from that shown.